11 August 2007

Holidays and work! Work!! WORK!!!

I haven't posted for a while now. I have got caught up with the holidays, children and the shop open 7 days a week as well as...

My Pottery morning sessions at Platform 22 and one at Woodend Barn, which are all going swimming-Ly well! It always amazes me the different work people make with the same sized lump of clay. I love it!

My BIG commission ... this has hit a huge glitch. All started so well, I painted the owl, bats, cockerel, foxgloves, butterflies, bees, moth, robin and a fabulous squirrel ~ popped them into the kiln and started on the tree ... But when I opened the kiln ... DISASTER! More than half the tiles had split in a very unusual way. So I have spent the last two weeks trying to sort out why this is happening and how to fix it. I have lost so many tiles now its just unfunny. My clients are away until this weekend and I can't progress. This sort of stress and upset I can do without, and I don't cope very well... there have been many tears this week. But as my hubby keeps saying "It will be alright in the end, we just have to get there!" I hope so (A LOT!).

Artaboyne Exhibition went very well. The exhibit was hung really well and the work this year was of a great standard and of such variety (I think I have told you this already) ... Anyway I sold out, which is even better!

I've had a boost in more commission work, which I am just about keeping up with, just one more to go.

And now I am frantically working towards NEOS'07 too. I have no work left from exhibitions to pass on... so the pressure is on. I luckily work well under this type of pressure... it forces the flow and you HAVE to just do it!

This year has been amazing so far, what with taking the time to paint as well as do my pottery and its been really interesting for me to keep my thoughts on this blog, it seems to make me think much more about what I am making and why. May be it is just expressing myself through words ~ this is something I have never felt comfortable with... the blog seems detached and nonthreatening and so I'm able to waffle on! Maybe by doing all these experiments and exercises, I am more fulfilled with what I am making, therefore this could be why my work is doing so much better this year?!

Keep watching... Bye for now!

No comments: