18 September 2007

North East Open Studios is here!

Well all I can say is WOW to the beginning of NEOS! WE certainly started with a big "BANG"! I am rather taken aback by how busy Platform 22 has been. Not only getting ready for the big preview launch, which meant working until about 3am for the week before, but the Preview evening and the weekend since. This, so far, since joining North East Open Studios has been the best year yet.


Friday 14th Sept - I don't really remember much about the day apart from playing permanent catch up! I had to collect the jewelery, make all the labels for pricing the work (which the computer took an instant dislike too), wash the floor as well as do all my mothering duties too. I was a whirl wind that day.


I heard at about 5:50pm that STV News (Scottish Television) were showing the interview that a group of NEOS artists had done earlier in the week (including a snippet of me... nerves got the better of me I'm afraid and I don't know where the words went!!! - So I'm nervously curious) so I spent the next half hour desperately looking for a video tape to record it whilst trying to have a bath and wash my hair... put it this way the corridor between the bath & the telly was rather wet! AND THEN after all of that STV never showed it - I was disappointed for NEOS but relieved for myself!


We hadn't even reached 6:30pm (opening at 7pm) when people started to arrive, and it never stopped from there! We were packed into Platform 22 ... I would say that we had 50 - 60 people here. I never left the till and if I did it was only to place a red dot on an item! We kept going until about 10pm. What an amazing atmosphere and spectacular evening.

No comments: