17 February 2007

Pair Of Pears - £55 (GBP) - SOLD

Study of pears in acrylic on box canvas the image continues around the sides, so there is no need to frame.
200 mm x 200 mm x 20 mm.

I should never write about my creative block! I haven't been able to get back to writing, painting, potting or anything really. The children are on a mini school break, so time is not my own really ~ I've been getting stuck at every turn.
So, today in desperation I am posting one of my first paintings, let me know what you think... but remember, be kind now!!!

Its all coming back now since my days at art school (oh! Hark at me!), like... as I finish each painting I have a small sense of tingling excitement ~ quietly proud, not too cocky. Its funny, I'm having to re-learn all over again how to actually look and observe with my eyes and not my head and then translate that through my hands ~ very different to creating in clay which is imagination rather than observation. But working on my own I always wonder what the public response would be... even though these first paintings are hardly offensive; yes, yes here comes the tough self-critic and self-doubt!
So, to keep on the safe side I'm starting with simple still lives, and eventually I’m going to build up to something more emotional, or thought provoking (heaven knows what though)... I always cover all scenarios, as I don't much like failure ~ well who does? I want to achieve so much and do it NOW! The frustration is just humongous!

2 comments:

Martin cow moomoo said...

We are interested in buying the pears painting.
Please let us know how to pay and if u will send overseas, so 55GBP + postage and packing?
We are located in Hong Kong and we are Christine's boss! Martin & Jun Lo

Emma Pattullo said...

Hi Martin & Jun,
Thank you for the encouraging words. I am looking into postage for you.
The painting is currently at the print-makers being scanned. I'll email Christine to pass on my email address so we can sort out all the details etc.
Pomegranates soon to be posted and some more pears... Keep watching! Thank you again.
Regards, Emma