3 April 2007

Big Fat Juicy Pear - £85 (GBP)

A close up study of a juicy round ripe pear, painted in acrylics on primed M.D.F and wooden frame. The painting continues over and around the frame and is ready to hang.
280mm x 280mm x 43mm

This was such fun to paint. It is an idea I have had for a long time, using the frame as part of the picture and I really want to develop this with some more expressive work and on a much bigger scale. But, for now I seem to have a great feeling for the pears skin for some reason... and most enjoy painting it. I have another study of a pear with wonderful vibrant purple background. Its a bit loud, but just good fun.

I hate to eat pears, I don't like the texture much when raw or cooked, so I think it really rather amusing how I seem to capture the skin holding in the juicy oddly textured flesh inside. My husband much enjoyed eating this at supper when I had finished painting, cutting it up and painting it once again!

No comments: