4 April 2007

Pear - £85 (GBP)

Study of half a pear in acrylics painted on primed M.D.F and wooden frame. The image continues up and over the frame & it is ready to hang.
280mm x 280mm x 43mm

This is the image I was telling you about yesterday. The background is much more vivid than in this photograph, but I love the strong contrast between the soft, pale pear's flesh to the lush purple! I kept the image of the pear just inside the frame for this picture, so that it would really capture the cut centre of the fruit revealing the core and pips. I painted this relatively quickly as I didn't want to fuss over it, keeping it as simple and clean cut as I could. Hope you like it too.

1 comment:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Emma, I love your pear studies. You have captured that think flesh with the slight sheen very well and its an interesting idea with the painting going over the frame. I think you have made the right decision with the Gallery strategy and wish you the best of luck. Summer is coming and lots of summer visitors!