17 April 2007

Disaster! Disaster! Disaster!

Oh F**K! And many more obscenities! I could just scream!

I finally got my figure of the girl finished ... (I glazed it with a thin wash of white glaze letting it collect in the dips and accentuate the textures, and I decided I was happy with her) ... was about to photograph and price her, when...
CRASH BANG!

The large canvas I started yesterday slipped off the stools I had it (stupidly) balanced on and knocked the figure flying... It is now headless, cracked and badly chipped... and I am besides myself, beyond crying and wanting to have a really big tantrum!

This is the problem when you have children and no relations/family for back up near by for that little extra support. You find that you lay so much importance on something relatively minor. Like, having an afternoon to yourself, or getting out alone with your husband, or actually managing to achieve something purely for yourself outwith the family. So when it goes wrong it feels like the end of the world so to speak.

So, sorry no pictures today, just can't. I'll post something when I've calmed down.

No comments: