13 June 2007

Artwork Underway - Phew!

I have been beavering away, trying not to get too distracted (like just now!) and produce some work for these exhibitions in July and August.
I also have my own big exhibition at my studio gallery Platform 22, which is part of North East Open Studios (NEOS) ~ this is a fantastic event where artists, makers, and galleries open their doors to the public over 10 days. Platform 22 first opened with NEOS for our big launch 2 years ago, and make it my annual big exhibition, and ask artist friends to join me at the gallery.
I have just joined the NEOS committee, so I am all excited and enthusing about it! Do have a look at the links so see how diverse its and if you are about in September take the time to check out some of the places open... especially me!

This last week I made some more sculptural vases like the "Black Gold" shown in an earlier post. They are not nearly as big, but I'm hoping they will still make a big impact.
I like lining them up and seeing not only the vessels as individual artworks, but also as a continual pattern ~ drawing on the spaces in-between each piece playing with the negative and positive shapes created. Its an odd image to describe, so I'll take a photograph to show you.
A lot of people don't see it at first and then realise the potential combinations, it becomes quiet infectious ~ and they want me to rearrange them to their preference! So in a sense it becomes an interchangeable installation.

I have also made a start on some figures. But I'll let you know how they are coming on another day. I must tidy my studio for my sister-in-laws "Memory on Fabric" class tomorrow morning! At the moment there is rather a lot of clay strewn about the studio, which I don't think Annabel or her students will appreciate!

Sorry no pictures still, must get the pictures downloaded off the camera by the hubby. Bye for now!

No comments: