21 June 2007

Felt Corsage Brooch - £7.50 each (GBP)

Here we have some examples of my corsage brooches. They are great fun and the perfect size to post, so make ideal presents for that flamboyant friend who has everything ... or ... even better ... spoil yourself!

They are all hand sewn and lovingly put together, embellished with various buttons to complement the colours and sometimes I add layers of organza to soften the felt background flower. I adore making these corsages, they are such fun to put together. I tend to make them it in large batches so that I can really immerse myself and find that perfect combination.

I think it is that wonder of going through Granny's button box, which is a huge collection and full of fantastic buttons ~ I remember loving playing, sorting and marvelling at them as a child. Something I find my girls enjoying too. It has that wonderful eclectic, treasure trove feeling and it always throws up surprises, I always seem to find buckles and buttons that I've not noticed before even though I go through it many many times. The button collecting thing is a little addictive too, as I now find myself buying and adding to the collection. I'll post some individual corsages for you to see and some close ups too, if you see any you would like to buy, email me and I'll check if I still have it first, as they are extremely popular and sell as fast as I can make them.

No comments: