2 July 2007

Trio of Platters - £70 (GBP) each - SOLD

Bumble Bee Platter. Slip cast earthenware platter decorated with three bees using under glazes.
295mm x 295mm

Butterfly platter. Slip cast earthenware platter, decorated with a butterfly using under glazes.
295mm x 295mm

Slip cast earthenware platter decorated with a perching Robin using under glazes.
295mm x 295mm

Here are three platters I have just finished making for the Deeside Artist Exhibition at Banchory. If you are in the area and would like to see them (as well as the other exhibiting artists!), please visit the exhibition ... it runs from Thursday 5Th to Sunday 15Th July open daily 10am to 6pm.

Each image is taken from the large tile commission I am currently working on, which is inspired from the willow pattern combined with the Tree of Life. These pieces are not only art pieces in their own right, but art in the making ... as I am working out composition and colours, as well as gaining confidence before I start the commissioned piece.
I will post some more images of the commission as I progress with it ~ next week I will be launching into the massive job of sketching out the layout onto the tiles from the preparatory sketches, which are in themselves rather large.

No comments: