11 September 2007

Countdown to North East Open Studios '07

Well the countdown has started!

Sunday 9th Sept ~ Husband decided that it was a good idea to get out with the kids ... change of scene ... breath of fresh air ... It feels as though I have had my head stuck in my kiln for about 2 weeks now, getting pieces bisque fired, glazed and some pieces lustre fired, as well as pieces for Mina Rusk who is also exhibiting at Platform 22 for NEOS. Its amazing what starts to happen when the pressure of a deadline approaches... then the panic attack starts ... what have or haven't I done?

Monday 10th Sept ~ Hours, minutes and seconds have no meaning. Where is my list and my list of lists? I know I should have emailed out all my press releases last week and earlier... but no, not me. What about the invitations... Everything is getting done right now! And I've just run out of mounting board, as have most of Aberdeenshire I've now discovered ... some art shops are holding back their stock supply, because its in such high demand so don't want to let it all go!!!! Oh help!

Yes I know it sounds as if its mayhem here in my studio gallery. Most of it is in my head. I'm not making much sense these days and I keep forgetting where I'm going with conversations (too much to think about), but somebody said today "no change there then!" - thanks for that!

This part of the week is a bit like the lull before a storm. I cannot do anything until I have all the work here. I don't know what my artists are bringing me to an extent, this can be nerve tingling but also very exciting. Some work has started to arrive and I'm beginning to feel more confident. This is going to be a great show!

Tuesday 11th Sept ~ Invites are out - most of them (check), press releases sent (check), weeding flower beds (sorted), posters out (check), work almost finished (ish), prints printed & mounted (tomorrow), walls painted and poly filled (tomorrow) drinks & nibbles for opening night (check) , hanging picture and installing work (all day Thursday) Panic (Friday afternoon only) ... so you see I'm getting there. I just have to keep telling ... reminding myself of that!

So, do come and join us for the opening of this years NEOS exhibition at Platform 22 on Friday 14th September 7 to 9pm. Celebrate with us over a glass of wine! But, if you cannot make it to the opening NEOS at Platform 22 is open to the public from Saturday 15th to Monday 24th September 10am to 5pm daily, it would be lovely to see you.

Artists and makers showing at Platform 22 with Emma Pattullo are Timmie Penny, Stephanie Vandem, Robert Grey, Jan Holm, Mina Rusk, Sandra Gorrara, Annabel Pattullo, Alan Steele, Jane Frazer, Alex Philp, Michael Zappert and the Shire Dweller.

As well as being able to enjoy a wide range of exhibits visitors to the gallery will also be able to see an artist at work with wood turner Alan Steele giving demonstrations of his skills making fairy goblets during the Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th.

During NEOS week Platform 22 will be open from 10am to 5pm and the gallery cafe will be operating offering weary culture vultures a chance to enjoy a restorative cuppa!

Hope to see you soon! I'll keep you posted as things progress ... hopefully lots of images soon!


No comments: