29 March 2008

Breakdown!

I am in a pickle! Yesterday I was having real problem with my kiln's control panel, it kept shutting down before reaching temperature ~ but finally after a lot of adjusting it got there. I'm not so lucky today though. The dam thing just doesn't last longer than half an hour and cuts out. The electricy supply is reaching the kiln but just isn't working on the controls. What am I to do? I have my first exhibition dead line in under two weeks and then things get serious and extremely busy. Exhibition after exhibition, after exhibition!

Yes its a technical AND nervous breakdown. I'm very good a panicking and I'm certainly in that zone right now! It will teach me to boast in my last blog post about working best under pressure ~ well today I am not!

Of course it happens when there is no technical support available ~ on a Saturday. Even if there was somebody at the end of a telephone line, I'm fairly certain I'm going to have to send off the control panel to be fixed ... how long that will take I dread to think. Its old and probably past its best ... CRAP ... its going to be expensive too!

Well all I can do is keep making and pray it comes right quickly! And thank the little blessings that its has happened after I have finished all my commissions and classes works.

No comments: