27 April 2008

Emma Pattullo is on a roll ... & so is Platform 22!

Wow! I have just been so busy lately. I forget every year round about March April & May that it is mayhem on the art scene! I always seem to muddle through somehow. Work is going out as fast as I can make it, and I just hope it sells! In this last month and a bit I have been getting ready for six different exhibitions. Just the last two to do now.

First of the exhibitions was the Kincardine and Deeside Arts Forum Competition, this I produced 5 pieces for (3 acorn bowls, which I was secretly pleased with and 2 carved tiles with gold leaves, called Eastern Promise).
I also managed to persuade Annabel Pattullo (my sister-in-law) to submit 2 of her textile pieces in, as well as 2 of my pottery evening students to submit their work. I had to laugh ... but Annabel and Emma (not me!) both won prizes ... one from NEOS and the other from the Gallery owner for the best 3D piece! I'm chuffed to bits for them, but laughing as I sob into a soggy handkerchief (I should have been an actor not ceramicist ... as I lay this on thick ... still would not win the Golden Grammy thing) ... as none of them would have done it without me!

The second exhibition is for the Aberdeen Artists Exhibition at Aberdeen Art Gallery. This is done by selection, and it rather hard to get into .... I'm still waiting to hear if I got in this year. I keep telling myself "no news is good news" so I must be in!!! I put in two sculptural pieces inspired by my daughter & her love of flowing material and daydreaming! Keep you fingers crossed for me.

I have also submitted work and sent it off down to Stirling as part of the Scottish Potters Annual Exhibition. I promised myself that I would really try to send my work further afield this year ... so this seemed like an opportunity I could not miss out on. I have sent down my 4 Black Gold sculptural vessels, they are going to be exhibited in a red room, which I felt would really make them feel even more rich and luxurious. It starts on the 3rd of May and I'll post a link for you tomorrow.

I as I told you in my last blog am taking part in the Macmillan Charity Art Exhibition at Satrospher in Aberdeen. I am exhibiting my butterfly platters for this (of which I have so far sold 2 pieces), I also spent all of yesterday (Saturday) teaching my pottery workshop and in the afternoon demonstrated my skills at hand building pottery acorns... you could easily say I've gone completely nuts ... and I'll be doing it all over again next Saturday.

The next two exhibitions are part of the touring exhibition for Creative Cairngorms. The first is to be held at Ballater for a week (3rd to 11th May) and then the Creative Caingorms Exhibition will come here to Platform 22 from Tuesday 13th May to the end of June. On top of that David and I decided that it was time to make a few risks and take Platform 22 Gallery onto another level ~ so we have invested in an amazing coffee machine to change our little cafe in to a coffee house. This we are hoping will really complement our little gallery and Platform 22 will become a great place to enjoy art whilst having a fabulous cup of something tasty and maybe even decide you cannot leave without one (or more) of the artworks!!!

Sorry I have really jabbered on ... and no pictures! I'll try an sort something for you in the morning. Do pop into see the Macmillan Exhibition if you can, or, come see us at Platform 22 and introduce yourself!

No comments: