28 April 2008

That Sinking Feeling!

Today certainly started with a rude awakening!! VERY unlucky and its all down hill from there.

My youngest woke at 5am this morning having had a nightmare and as I stumbled back into bed still half asleep (having calmed the imagination and tears) ... I heard the sound of rain against our bedroom window ... usually I think how pleased I am to be in bed and warm and pull the covers up high ... but then ...
OH NO! ITS RAINING!
And like a bolt of lightening I remembered that I had left all my work out side to dry ... (it was a beautiful day on Sunday) ... AND it was still sitting at the bottom of the garden on the bench...

!!GULP & GASP!!
Launching myself like a torpedo out of my warm bed I shot out the back door (barefoot) down the path ... to ... find ... a terrible scene of sloppy dripping wet clay! What a mess & disaster!

!!!AGHHH!!!
On top of that I have heard today by post that my ceramic pieces have not been accepted by the Aberdeen Artist Exhibition at Aberdeen Art Gallery. I know its hard to get into, but it would have been nice to have something good happen to me after my disaster.

Oh well there is always tomorrow... as well as this afternoon! I must not get dragged down ~ I don't have time anyway. Will post some images after I have painted my butterflies for the Creative Cairngorms Exhibition which opens this Saturday 3rd May!

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very nice......